Do you want to learn more about envirothon? Find out here...
To take the Envirothon challenge...
The top four teams from each Area will progress to the 2023 Ohio Envirothon that will be held at Defiance College on June 11, 12, and 13. The top-scoring team at the 2023 Ohio Envirothon is eligible to compete in the 2023 National Conservation Foundation Envirothon that will be held in New Brunswick, Canada on July 23-29, 2023.
For more information on how your school can get involved in the Envirothon Competition email Katie Nainiger, or call 440-834-1122 ext. 1765. Resources to help you prep for the Envirothon Competition:
- Free Envirothon Resource Tote for Loan through Geauga SWCD! The tote is full of great resources such as Field Guide to Aquatic Macroinvertebrates, Elements of the Nature and Properties of Soil, Newcomb Field Guide to Wildflowers, Sibley’s Field Guide to Birds, and much, much more.
- Macroinvertebrates.org - Interactive website about common freshwater Macroinvertebrates in eastern North America, including identification keys, training materials, and practice quizzes
- The Feather Atlas - North American Birds - A guide to identifying flight feathers for North American birds
- The Cornell Lab - Merlin Bird ID - An excellent app for bird identification
- NCF-Envirothon Curriculumn Guidelines
2023 Area Competition
- First Place- Boardman Channel Cats– Boardman High School (Mahoning)
- Second Place- Southeast Maroon – Southeast Local Schools (Portage)
- Thrid Place- Enivro Queens – Kent Local Schools (Portage)
- Fourth Place- Boardman Steelheads – Boardman High School (Mahoning)