General Services and Information
Leave a request for free technical assistance
Information and Technicial Assistance Available
- Soil Information
- Aerial Photographs
- Flood Plain Maps
- General Property Site Information and Analysis
- Residential and Agricultural Drainage Problems
- Drainage Questions and Answer Sheet
- Pond Management and Maintenance Assistance
- Timber Harvest Management Planning
Resources for Landowners
Welcome to Geauga County - Resources for New Landowners
- Geauga SWCD - Who We Are and What We Do - Learn a little more about who we are, and the services that we offer.
- Developing Land in Geauga County - A Guide To Obtaining Permits Before You Build- A quick reference showing the building permit process in Geauga County.
- Homebuilder Plan Requirements- Find out how to develop an Erosion and Sediment Control Plan for a home site and learn the local requirements during construction.
- Erosion and Sediment Control- Learn what you are required to do to control erosion on your property.
- Erosion and Sediment Control for Septic System Installations - Best management practices for installing a septic system.
- Watersheds and You - Find out what a watershed is, and how your actions can effect the quality of our watersheds.
- Groundwater Resources for Geauga County - Resources and links for so many groundwater and well topics
Ways to Keep Our Soil Healthy and Our Water Clean!
- Nonpoint Source Pollution Around the Home - Find out what Nonpoint Source Pollution is and what you can do to be a part of the pollution solution.
- Rain Barrels - General information about the benefits of using rain barrels and things to consider before installing one.
- Rain Garden Manual for Homeowners: Protecting Our Water, One Yard at a Time - Winner of the Environmental Education Council of Ohio's 2008 Outstanding Publications Award! (Funding for this brochure was provided by a Great Lakes Commission grant with funds from the United States Department of Agriculture.)
- Household Habits for Healthy Waters - Learn more about how you can help improve water quality with these backyard and household habits.
- Household Chemicals and You - Learn proper use and disposal of household chemicals.
- Taking Root for Clean Water - See how planting trees and native plants helps to keep our water clean.
- Green Isn't Always Good - Keep your yard green and our water clean by following the 4R's of Fertilizationand healthy lawn care year round!
- Conservation Basics - Learn simple things to do to become a better land steward.
Special Places, Special Considerations
- Riparian Areas and Setbacks: A Guide Promoting the Use of Natural Resources in Storm Water Management (Funding for this brochure was provided by a Great Lakes Commission grant with funds from the United States Department of Agriculture.)
- The Sustainable Sugarbush ~ Conserving Ohio's Sweetest Gift (Funding for this brochure was provided by a Great Lakes Commission grant with funds from the United States Department of Agriculture.)
- Manure Application Rates & Criteria
- All-Weather Horse Paddocks - Learn about the benefits and design considerations of all-weather horse paddocks.
- Pollution Prevention: Managing Horses and Protecting Water Quality -Learn the environmental responsibilities that you have as a horse owner.
- Wetlands - Learn the importance of wetlands, and see just what it is that makes an area a "wetland".
- EQIP - Learn about the EQIP (environmental quality incentives program) offered by the Natural Resource Conservation Service (NRCS).