Interested in Learning More?
Forestry and Timber Harvesting
- The following technical services can be requested:
- Timber Management Planning & Recommendations
- Operation and Management Plans Reviews
- Logging Site Reviews
What To Do:
- Prior to the start of logging, it is recommended a Timber Harvest Notice of Intent (NOI) is filed with the Geauga SWCD.
- Landowner/logging company has the option of submitting a Timber Harvest Plan
- Install proper BMPs
What is the NOI & Harvest Plan?
Call Before You Cut
Other Links of Interest:
- ODNR Division of Forestry
- Ohio State University - Woodland Stewards Program
- Woodland Wednesdays - Improving Wildlife Habitat On Your Forested Land
- Woodland Wednesdays - Woodland Management Tips that Pay
- Managing Your Woodland for the Long Term
- WESTERN RESERVE LAND CONSERVANCY: Forestry & Conservation Easements
- Leaving Your Legacy & Affording Your Inheritance: 2022 Woodlands Wednesday Series
- PVC Herbicide Stamper: Instructions for Assembly and Use
- Wicked Weeds Winter Woodies
- Wildlife Brush Piles